NDSU Facilities Use Agreement: Everything You Need to Know
The North Dakota State University (NDSU) provides its facilities for use by external individuals or organizations through the NDSU Facilities Use Agreement. This agreement outlines the terms and conditions that must be met for an external individual or organization to use NDSU facilities for various activities and events.
Whether you`re planning a conference, seminar, sports event, or any other activity that requires a facility, it`s crucial to understand the NDSU Facilities Use Agreement to ensure a smooth, hassle-free experience. Here`s a breakdown of everything you need to know about the agreement.
The Purpose of the Agreement
The Facilities Use Agreement is a legal document that serves as a contract between NDSU and the external individual or organization seeking to use its facilities. This agreement outlines the obligations, rights, and responsibilities of both parties to ensure compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
The Agreement`s Scope
The Facilities Use Agreement applies to all NDSU facilities, including but not limited to buildings, grounds, and equipment. The external individual or organization seeking to use the facility must sign the agreement to use the facility for the specified dates and times.
The Key Terms of the Agreement
The Facilities Use Agreement contains several key terms that must be understood before signing. These include:
1. Purpose: The purpose of the use of the facility should be clearly defined, including the activity, date, and time.
2. Fees: The external individual or organization may be required to pay fees for the use of the facility, which will be specified in the agreement.
3. Insurance: The external individual or organization may be required to provide liability insurance to protect NDSU and its facilities from any damage, loss, or injury.
4. Indemnification: The external individual or organization must agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless NDSU and its employees from any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs, and expenses arising from the use of the facility.
5. Compliance with Laws and Regulations: The external individual or organization must comply with all federal, state, and local laws, regulations, policies, and procedures related to the use of the facility.
6. Termination: NDSU reserves the right to terminate the agreement at any time in the event of a breach of the agreement`s terms or any violations of laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
7. Governing Law: The agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of North Dakota.
The NDSU Facilities Use Agreement is an essential legal document that ensures the proper use of NDSU facilities by external individuals or organizations. It`s crucial to understand the agreement`s terms and conditions before signing to avoid any misunderstandings or legal issues. By adhering to all requirements set forth in the agreement, both parties can enjoy a successful and memorable event.